Smartraveller: The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service
Latest travel advice updates
- Kenya - updated 24 April 2014
- Bahrain - updated 24 April 2014
- Vietnam - updated 24 April 2014
- Solomon Islands - updated 23 April 2014
- Burundi - updated 23 April 2014
- Cameroon - updated 23 April 2014
- Samoa - updated 23 April 2014
Latest travel bulletin updates
- Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV) - updated 24 April 2014
- Anzac Day 2014 - Gallipoli, France and Belgium - updated 21 April 2014
- Ebola outbreak in West Africa - updated 08 April 2014
- New business travel advice includes information about overseas travel risks that employers and business travellers should consider, and case studies of risk mitigation measures applied for short and long-term overseas travel.
- Natalie Hensby, a young Aussie who was pulled unconscious and seriously injured from the water after a horrifying boat crash in Thailand, features in our latest Smartraveller TV ad. Thanks to her comprehensive travel insurance she received the best possible medical care and made a full recovery. “Travel insurance didn’t just save me $100 000, it saved my life”.
- Volunteering overseas can be a very rewarding experience. Take a look at our tips for ensuring your volunteering experience is safe ethical and worthwhile.
- Our advice on partying safely overseas has been updated. Take a look at our latest tips for staying safe and keeping out of trouble.
- Smartraveller is now on Twitter! Follow us for travel advice updates and other hot tips for staying safe and well overseas. You can also join us on Facebook and check out our videos on YouTube.